The Charnock Hospital Orthopedic Team is experienced in super specialty orthopedics, besides routine trauma management. With the experience of thousands of joint-replacement and minimally-invasive procedures, the focus will be to provide an amalgamation of skill, dedication and world-class services at an affordable cost to the society.
• Joint Replacement surgeries of Knee(TKR), Hip(THR), Shoulder & Elbow
• Revision knee and hip replacement surgeries
• Trauma and Fracture surgeries
• Shoulder surgeries
• Management of Arthritis
• Treatment of osteomyelitis
• Keyhole surgeries such as Arthroscopic Ligament reconstruction (ACL), meniscus and chondral surgeries
• Management of open fractures, limbs lengthening using Ilizarov method
• Disc surgery, fusion surgeries for spine instability.
• Surgery for correction of spinal deformities like scoliosis and spondylolisthesis
• Pediatric orthopedic surgeries for clubfoot, congenital hip dysplasia, bone and joint infection management
• Management of juvenile arthritis and metabolic bone disorders
• Cartilage-Transplant services – a pioneering technology in Eastern India
• Striving to be the best Department of Sports Medicine and Joint Related Surgery in this part of the region
• Providing the best and most advanced set-up for Arthroscopy in the region.
• Sterile coated seamless Steel Panel Modular OT with 3 stage HEPA filtered laminar airflow to maintain a high level of sterility
• Imported (Berchtold- Germany) OT ceiling suspended imported LED Light for the highest level of penetration
• The best made orthopedic OT Table from Berchtold with all types of positioning facilities for high-level performance level in all orthopedic surgeries.
The Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic surgery at Charnock Hospital offers diagnostic and therapeutic services for the management of disorders of bones, joints and associated structures. The team of highly qualified and experienced surgeons are known for their skill in performing joint replacement surgeries and keyhole surgeries.
The services offered include medical and surgical care for bone and joint problems resulting from injuries, infections, nutritional or metabolic disorders. Hip and knee replacement surgeries, treatment for degenerative disc disease leading to disc herniation (slipped disc) are performed with extremely successful outcomes in a dedicated operating room.Children with genetic diseases, aberrations in growth, development and age related degenerative processes are also treated by the department. Orthopedic surgeons are part of the trauma team that is available round the clock to treat polytrauma patients.
• Dr. Varun Chandra [ MS, Fellow Joint Replacement, Spine, Arthroscopic Surgeon]
• Dr. Arindam Mukherjee [MS]
• Dr. Chinmay Nath [MS (ORTHO), MRCS (EDIN)]